Evaluation of Comic Relief’s Care Home Challenge 2 -grant
Care homes are an underpaid and undervalued sector with many challenges. Comic Relief’s funding scheme Care Home Challenge 2 (CHC2) was designed to support cultural change in the care home sector, aiming to improve the quality of life and wellbeing of people living and working in care homes through meaningful activities.
- In total Comic Relief funded 11 grants
- These ranged from £13,700 to £20,000, with an average of almost £18,000.
- The total value of all grants just under £198,000.
- Grants were awarded both for not-for-profit (10) and for-profit (1) care providers
- The grant schemes took place in 26 care homes across the UK from 2017 to 2020
The evaluation of the Care Home Challenge 2 grant funding initiative aimed to establish the impact of the activities on care home residents, staff members and the wider care home culture. The evaluation’s focus was to draw out learning points for the care home sector and key stakeholders to take forward in future initiatives.
If you are interested to read more about the evaluation of Care Home Challenge, read our blog post with recommendations about activities delivery in care homes.
If you would like to hear more about these evaluation findings or to discuss your organisation’s evaluation needs, contact us.